Tuesday 28 August 2012

Curbside Find gets a Second Chance

REPURPOSED, REUSED, RELOVED


Out for a drive one day, my husband and I passed this chair on the side of the road. I forgot to take a real BEFORE photo so the paint and trim removal is all me. I had hosed it off & washed it and let it dry outside for a few days before bringing it in to get started.
I painted it with Old White ASCP, distressed it with a sanding block and then added both clear and dark AS waxes. I then got out the upholstery stapler and recovered the seat with a burlap potato sack. I added plain burlap tot he backrest and actually STENCILED on the lettering with Graphite ASCP to match the seat.  


I also recovered the back of the chair with a nice burlap potato sack that had pretty lettering. I then hot glued some extra lengths of burlap to make a piping type edge as well. Not bad for a curbside find!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie

    First of all - great chair. Where do you get the burlap sack?

    Secondly - adding the PinIt button is easy. Go into your Pin It page - click on "about" - then "pin it button" - scroll down till you find "pin it button for websites". Copy the html code (highlighted in a box) and then go back over to blogger. In blogger, add it in as an "html code" as a "gadget" under "layout". if you have any problems with it, just email directly and maybe I can walk you through it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather
      Thank you! I bought the plain sack from Len's Mill Store and got the coffee sack from a lady in Bath, Ontario-don't think she has anymore. AND thanks-I TRIED but again I havent been able to do get a pin button!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chair looks great! I wish I had room for occasional chairs like that. Oh well, in the next house ;-) Good luck with the pin it button! I have no idea how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jo! I STILL cannot figure it out! I'm working on it! don't know my way around very well!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh....you are good..that is so pretty,I like better than any I have seen evend Kims!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well that's stretching it a little Chrissy! LOL! but thank you! I LOVE Kim's stuff! She is taking an old couch of mine and I can't WAIT to see what she'll do to it! after I found it on the side of the road.....YES! it was ROAD KILL! I had BIG plans to recover but just dont have the time or space to keep it anymore-so when she is done with it I will post pics or maybe she'll even try selling it at her November show!?

      Delete
  5. Darn! It's so hard to give tutorials over the internet like that. Why don't you email me directly and we can walk through it together.

    heather.bell@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Heather! haha ok I will try to send some instructions but it was quite simple really! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...